A disabling medical condition, such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, cancer, lupus, depression, multiple sclerosis, back problems or any significant sickness or accidental injury can severely impair an individual's ability to earn a living. Long term disability benefits provide income to prevent or alleviate the financial hardship of the disability. At the Foster Law Firm, we help individuals navigate the complex requirements set forth by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (E.R.I.S.A.) or other applicable laws to obtain disability benefits.
Helping Individuals Recover the Benefits They Deserve
Contact the Foster Law Firm. While our office is located in Greenville, South Carolina, we have the experience, commitment and resources to help clients not only in South Carolina, but, also, in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama, the entire Southeast, and throughout the nation. We have represented clients from almost every state in the United STates, including Hawaii and Alaska.
Long Term Disability Benefits - Insurance Claims Process
Attorney Nathan Bax and Leila Louzri, of Foster Law Firm, has extensive knowledge and experience guiding clients through the process of obtaining long term disability benefits. They have handled claims at all levels, from filing the initial claim through the appellate court level and every step in between. In fact, the firm has experience representing clients in ERISA cases all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
There are numerous companies who insure disability plans. The most prevalent, in the firm's experience, are UnumProvident, Hartford, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife), Liberty Mutual, Lincoln Financial (formerly known as Jefferson Pilot), Prudential, Aetna, Life Insurance Company of North America (or as it is otherwise known LINA or Cigna), Reliance Standard, and MassMutual. Nathan Bax and Leila Louzri has extensive experience with and frequently handles cases against all of the aforementioned insurance companies as well as many others.
With disability claims, there can be any number of reasons for which an insurance company can deny a claim. However, the most common basis for denial are:
- the assertion that the insured is not "disabled";
- the assertion that the insured's "disability" is based upon a pre-existing condition;
- the assertion that the insured was not eligible for coverage at the time the disability occurred;
- the assertion that the disabling injury is "work-related" or resulted from a "Workers' Compensation" injury;
- the assertion that a person's disability is limited because it is a "mental/nervous" disorder or condition;
- the assertion that a person's condition is "self-reported" or only based upon subjective symptoms as opposed to objectively verifiable medical evidence.
Nathan Bax and Leila Louzri has extensive experience with and frequently handles cases involving all of the above basis for denial and many others.
If your claim for disability benefits is denied, you will need to adhere to the strict 180 day appeals process. There are specific deadlines and requirements that must be complied with. Therefore, time is of the essence and it is critical to have an experienced long term disability attorney on your side to improve the likelihood of prevailing in the appeal or later in litigation. Learn more about long term disability appeals.
Experienced Disability Insurance Attorney
E.R.I.S.A. regulations do not govern private disability insurance policies or employee benefits for local, county, state, or federal government employees. Through his experience and understanding of applicable insurance and administrative laws, Attorney Nathan Bax is also prepared to help individuals whose claim is not governed by ERISA with initial claims, appeals, and litigation.
More Information about E.R.I.S.A. and Long Term Disability Benefits:
- What to Expect with Your E.R.I.S.A. Claim
- Firm's Experience with E.R.I.S.A., Employee Benefits, and Insurance Cases
- The Firm's Recent E.R.I.S.A. and Employee Benefit Cases
- Our Attorneys in the News on E.R.I.S.A. and Insurance Matters
- Our History of Speaking Engagements on E.R.I.S.A. and Insurance Matters
- Recent and Upcoming Speaking Engagements on E.R.I.S.A. and Insurance Matters
- E.R.I.S.A. Links
- E.R.I.S.A., Employee Benefits and Insurance Overview
- Contact Us Regarding an ERISA or Insurance Question
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death Insurance Benefits
- Long Term Disability and Disability Benefits
If you need assistance with a claim for disability benefits or have been denied long term disability benefits, trust in the experience, professionalism, and dedication of Attorney Nathan Bax at Foster Law Firm. Call 866-279-9772 or e-mail us to schedule a consultation.