A death can be devastating not just emotionally, but financially. Life insurance and accidental death insurance provide benefits to prevent, alleviate or lessen the financial hardship of death on surviving loved ones. At the Foster Law Firm, we help individuals navigate the complex regulations set forth by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (E.R.I.S.A.) or other applicable laws to obtain life insurance and accidental death insurance benefits.
Helping Individuals Recover the Benefits They Deserve
Contact the Foster Law Firm. While our office is located in Greenville, South Carolina, we have the experience, commitment and resources to help clients not only in South Carolina, but, also, in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama the entire Southeast, and throughout the nation.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death Insurance Benefits - Insurance Claims Process
Attorney Nathan Bax, of Foster Law Firm, has extensive knowledge and experience guiding clients through the process of obtaining life insurance and accidental death insurance benefits. He has handled claims at all levels, from filing the initial claim through the appellate court level and every step in between. The firm has experience handling ERISA cases all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
There are numerous companies which insure life insurance and accidental death insurance plans. The most common, in the firm's experience, are UnumProvident, Hartford, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife), Lincoln Financial (formerly known as Jefferson Pilot), Prudential, Aetna, Life Insurance Company of North America (or as it is otherwise known LINA or Cigna), MassMutual, Reliance Standard, Zurich, Liberty Mutual, and Northwestern. Nathan Bax has extensive experience with and frequently handles cases against all of the aforementioned insurance companies.
With life insurance and accidental death insurance claims, there can be any number of reasons for which an insurance company might deny a claim. However, the most common basis for denial are:
- suicide or self-inflicted injury exclusions;
- intoxication, alcohol or drug use exclusions;
- auto-erotic asphyxiation or autoerotism exclusions;
- alleged misrepresentation on the insurance application which voids coverage;
- for accidental death claims the assertion that a death is not an "accident", but is attributable to some other source such as sickness or disease;
- the assertion that someone is not the designated beneficiary of the policy;
- the assertion that the insured was not covered;
- the assertion that a person is not "disabled" so as to be entitled to a waiver of premium benefit which continues coverage of the life insurance policy after disability.
Nathan Bax has extensive experience with and frequently handles cases involving the above basis for denial and many others.
If your claim for life insurance or accidental death insurance benefit is denied, you will need to adhere to the strict 180 day appeals process. There are specific deadlines and requirements that must be complied with. Therefore, time is of the essence and it is critical to have an experienced ERISA attorney on your side to improve the likelihood of prevailing in the appeal. Learn more about life insurance and accidental death insurance appeals.
Experienced Life Insurance and Accidental Death Insurance Benefit Attorney
E.R.I.S.A. regulations do not govern private life insurance or accidental death insurance policies or employee benefits for local, county, state, or federal government employees. Through his experience and understanding of applicable insurance and administrative laws, Attorney Nathan Bax is also prepared to help individuals whose claim is not governed by ERISA with initial claims, appeals, and litigation.
More Information about E.R.I.S.A. and Life and Accidental Death Insurance Benefits:
- Attorneys Referring E.R.I.S.A. Cases
- Contact Us Regarding an ERISA or Insurance Question
- E.R.I.S.A., Employee Benefits and Insurance
- ERISA and Insurance Claims
- Firm's Experience with ERISA, Employee Benefits & Insurance Cases
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Long Term Disability and Disability Benefits
- Our Attorneys in the News on ERISA and Insurance Matters
- Our History of Speaking Engagements on ERISA and Insurance Matters
- Supreme Court Says 401 K Participants Can Sue (PDF)
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death Insurance Benefits
- Subrogation Rights Under ERISA Governed Health Plans
If you need assistance with a claim for life insurance or accidental death insurance benefits or have been denied those benefits, trust in the experience, professionalism, and dedication of Attorney Nathan Bax at Foster Law Firm. Call 866-279-9772 or e-mail us to schedule a consultation.